I recently traveled to one of my favorite cities in the World – Hong Kong. I spent 5 days there and needless to say, it wasn’t enough. I could spend at least 2 weeks in Hong Kong and everyday of the week I would be doing something new and exciting. I will be covering some of my favorite tourist attractions in Hong Kong in the near future. On Today’s blog I will share with you all my time at The Wing Lounge by Cathay Pacific. As a OneWorld Emerald, I was invited to the lounge & I was also flying Business Class from HKG to NRT. I arrived to the airport early and had about 3 hours to go until departure. The check in process took a bit of time as there was a lot of people traveling that day and the business class line was busy. The staff at the check in counter was friendly, fast and attentive. I was traveling light with just my backpack and a carry on. They handed me my boarding pass and lounge invitation and shortly after I made my way towards security and cleared customs in matters of minutes.
The Lounge Invitation giving by the Cathay Pacific Business class agent has a variety of lounge options to select from – I wish I could have been able to visit the other lounges listed but Hong Kong airport is a big hub and I selected The Wing which was the closest to my departure gate being just 10 minutes away, the rest of the lounges were far and knowing me I could have missed my flight just doing some lounge hopping at HKG.
- Lounge Invitation.
- Boarding Pass & Passport.
- The front desk and main entrance of the lounge shown above will also give you the WiFi information so you’re able to log-in right away.
Things that impressed me about the lounge.
- Customer service from Cathay Pacific is unstoppable, it is one of my favorite OneWorld carriers. The attention to detail from the staff was top notch and they kept me informed of any gate and time changes for my flight.
- The food from the lounge, It was still early morning when I arrived to the lounge and they were offering breakfast. I was super impressed by the quality of food being offered and how fresh it was. From typical asian dishes, to different flavored yogurts, pastries and soups. The amount of food displayed was endless and all of it was delicious.
- The amenities of the lounge were fantastic. They offer private shower rooms, cubicle computer center and fast internet service to use via phone or laptop.
- The drinks offered at the time were simple but a great variety of it. Sodas, juices, milk, tea, and coffee. Later in the afternoon, they bring a variety of alcoholic beverages for the later departures.
- The lounge was spotless in every section, I noticed they have a cleaning crew that doesn’t stop walking around Making sure all of the trash has been collected and all tables are clean and ready for the visitors. For example: Once I finished half of my breakfast, one of the cleaning crew appeared by my table and removed the plates that I was no longer using.
Visuals of the lounge during my visit.
I have zero complaints about the lounge and it has become one of my favorite lounges I have had the pleasure to visit. If you have flown Cathay Pacific in the past, you can agree with me that their service is one of the best out there. I am looking forward to visit Hong Kong once again during the month of July and being able to visit the rest of the lounges.
For those who have visited the rest of the Cathay Pacific Lounges such as: The Bridge, The Pier and The Cabin, what were your thoughts? Are they worth visiting? Let me know down below.
Best, John Carter.