I was recently on a 17 day trip around Spain and needless to say it was one of the most exciting trips I have done this year. I visited beautiful places like: Barcelona, Ibiza, Granada and Cordoba. I started my journey out of the United States with American Airlines and then used Vueling for flights within Spain. I took one too many flights throughout my visit that the staff at the lounge knew me already and were surprised to see me over and over at the airport, to the point that they asked me “Are you flying again, or are you delayed?” – I smiled and said, “Oh no, I am flying again.” Gotta love when airport agents and staff remembers you, knowing the amount of passengers they see in one day. On Today’s blog post I will be sharing my thoughts and doing a review on the Sala VIP Lounge which became one of my favorite lounges I have visited so far. The lounge is located on Terminal 1 – Second Floor. Upon entrance to the lounge – you will see the following signs. Be sure you meet one of the criteria below to be admitted, because if you don’t the agents won’t hesitate to ask you to leave unless you are willing to pay a day pass which I will discuss later on the post. However, if you are flying First or Business class – you will be admitted regardless. Once you are checked in – you are welcome to enjoy the lounge and everything it offers. It was my first time visiting this club and I was impressed by its presentation, set up and how clean everything was. The lounge is very big and it features multiple seating areas in which I will discuss shortly. Upon entrance to the lounge you will find the dining tables where you are freely to sit anywhere you would like and enjoy a bite to eat. The pastries and food they offer were delicious and fresh, they were the typical spanish pastries with a few other options like “Mondatidos” and tapas like dishes. If you find yourself within the refreshment section you will be able to make yourself some cereal as they have a variety of cereals to choose from as well as some delicious yogurt. Dining section, refreshments and food visuals. Alcohol section upon entering the lounge: It’s located on the right hand side. Featuring a variety of red wine and liquor – you are welcome to serve yourself a drink anytime. One of my favorite features from this lounge is the rest area. It is nothing fancy but indeed very comfortable. It features a unique style sofa where you can lay down and relax before your flight. The section also offers a compartment section where you can place your belongings. I took advantage of this section multiple times throughout my trips and I have zero complains about it – I also used it during the peak hours of flying and it was certainly super quiet. Aside the rest area, away from the main sitting section of the lounge they also have a “quiet zone” where you can go in to read or simply catch some sleep – not sure whats the purpose of this section but I liked the set up and how secluded it was.
Visuals of the rest area and quiet zone. Quiet Zone. Now lets move on into the “Business Center”. The lounge does offer a section with computers with a total count of 6. It is not your typical secluded business center that you would see at other lounges. The computers provide a fast wifi connection and the server gets the job done. The computers can be used at anytime as well and they are accessible within the lounge without the need of entering another room within the lounge and you will find them on the left hand side of the club when entering. Computers & overall look. Overview of the lounge and it’s sitting sections – One of my favorite sections of the lounge was the terminal view and the tarmac view as you could see some heavies pushing back from the gate and a few beauties arriving as well. The lounge also features a shower room which I didn’t get to use but it looked fairly big – However, I took a peak at the restrooms and thought they were very clean with 4 stalls and 2 closed up stalls – There should be more of those in my opinion. The restroom was clean and well maintained which is important. Restroom visuals. Bottom line and final thoughts on the lounge:
- The staff at the lounge was extremely friendly and attentive. When I entered the lounge everyone greeted me and welcomed me. They made themselves available for anything I needed throughout my time at the lounge.
- The lounge had some delicious food which I truly enjoyed. There is nothing better than a light and tasty breakfast before departure and this club delivered it. The food tends to vary by the lunch time and dinner which is a good thing. Fresh and new food 😉 Cant beat that.
- The drink options are endless at this lounge, as you could see from the pictures above the selection was endless which I really liked. Sodas, juices, liquor, wine, coffee machine, tomato juice, water and more. You won’t have a problem on finding variety here because there is plenty to choose from.
- The sitting sections of the lounge were spectacular and super comfortable to the point that I would love to buy a few of those lounge chairs and get it for my house. Very comfortable, some lounge chairs can be extremely uncomfortable and you can gotta move around a few times to find “the comfy spot”.
- The internet of the lounge when using by mobile can be the only downfall I didn’t like of the lounge because if you are from the US you need to go through a several steps to get the internet to work but if you have it activated with one of the providers from Spain you will be good to go.
- My only criticism is that the lounge should just get a personal wifi rather than using the airport wifi and it will be much better. They give you a code you can use but I only had access for 15 minutes and of course, that is not enough. The first 15 minutes were free and if you would like to extend the minutes, there is a charge for that.
- If you don’t have access into the lounge for free by having some of the above credentials or credit cards to access into the lounge. You are welcome into the lounge by paying a fee of 26€ and if you are with children, the fee for them will be 12.50€.
- Overall, this is a lounge I would definitely come back to when I return to Barcelona.
Have you visit any other lounges at the Barcelona airport? If so, which one?