Throughout the month of July I have spent most of my time flying around the World working and it’s been a hectic month of travels. Traveling during the summer can be intense, the airport is always super crowded, the hectic vibe of the passengers running all over the place and the delays can be draining but when you are a frequent flyer and spend most of your time at the airport and at airport lounges, you know how to deal with these type of situations. I am happy with how my travels have been and the work I’ve been getting done at every destination. Coming back from Spain there was a long delay due to weather that was going to cause me to miss my connection home so the agents managed to rebook me with a better routing than I had before after 1 hour and 30 minutes of dealing with the situation, but hey at least they got it done and just the way I wanted it so I greatly appreciate the agents at Barcelona airport.
Today, I will share with you all the final leg of the journey from New York (JFK) to Los Angeles (LAX) on American Airlines newest aircraft A321T First Class. After a 5 hour ground delay in Barcelona and finally making it to JFK after the great 9 hour flight from Barcelona to JFK, I was ready to be home – but I had a 3 hour lay over in JFK and spent some of my time at the Admirals Club relaxing. Finally, it was time to head out to the gate and I made my way there 10 minutes before boarding, the flight seemed to be fairly empty and not many passengers were waiting to board the aircraft which meant we were going to board fairly early and have an on time departure, which I was really happy about.
As soon as I boarded the aircraft, I was greeted by the kind First Class cabin crew and made myself comfortable on my seat 1A. They were restarting the in flight entertainment on the aircraft and thats why the screen was blue upon boarding the aircraft.
First Class 1A – Overall look.
Throughout the boarding process, flight attendant Todd came by my seat to introduce himself and offer me a pre-departure beverage. I selected orange juice and champagne to make a mimosa out of it. I could have drank many of them due that I was the only passenger in first, but decided to just have one 😉
The aircraft door was shut and we began our push back with an on time departure. The rain storm at JFK cleared and the skies were starting to open up. Our taxi into our departure runway took about 10 minutes due to traffic and I was glued to the window looking at the heavies.
Taxiing up and lining up before take off. A Virgin Atlantic 747 headed to London Heathrow.
Shortly after, we were clear for take off and we began our roll into the runway. The take off was smooth and shortly after, a few choppy air was encountered – after 15 minutes the seatbelt sign was shut off while the captain came on the PA introducing himself and letting us know about our flight and estimated time of arrival.
View after take off in New York.
The cabin crew had it easy throughout the flight being that I was the only passenger in first that evening and they were all very attentive, friendly and caring. They came by my seat to drop off my beverage of choice, hot nuts which is an American Airlines signature pre meal snack and the menu on board for the flight.
First Class flagship menu, cranberry juice and hot nuts.
Thai Grilled Chicken with pineapple and watermelon. I thought it was very tasty and not overcooked. The fruits were fresh and the chicken had a great juicy taste. First time trying this starter and I was very pleased with it.
For my main meal I selected the Grilled Beef filet with port wine sauce. I was a little skeptical at first when I ordered the beet filet because in the past it’s been overcooked and a little too hard to cut but this time the filet was cooked to perfection. Juicy, tender and was very tasty. On my flight from LAX to Japan I had ordered a beet filet and although it was overcooked a bit it still had a great taste but I am happy to see the improvement being made on the beef because I truly enjoyed it. The garlic mash potatoes was one of my favorite sides of the meal because it wasn’t done with excessive amount of garlic but just enough to give it that extra flavor and last but not least, the green and yellow haricots were pretty good as well.
For dessert, as shown on the menu, the dessert list had great options to select from but if you have flown American Airlines first class or business class, you know their sundaes are pretty good so I kept it old school and ordered my vanilla ice cream sundae with hot chocolate syrup and pecans and as always, it was delicious.
Right after I had all the delicious meals – It was time to catch some sleep and rest while the flight hour remaining was 4 hours and 20 minutes. The A321T features a fully lie flat seat and it’s very roomy and comfortable. Blankets and pillows will be on your sit upon boarding the aircraft.
Seat on it’s fully lie flat mode & air show.
The inflight air show.
As I was getting settled into my seat and setting the modes into lounge position – Todd the great flight attendant came around with the pre-arrival snack. I selected my favorite pre arrival snack which are the warm cookies.
Pre Arrival Meal cookies & milk.
The day that I flew into Los Angeles it was 4th of July which is the day of the United States independence. It was one of the coolest landings I’ve experienced this year since I was able to see all the fireworks from above. Can you image the view from the flight deck upon approach? Must have been incredible.
View on final approach.
- First thing first, the service on board was simply incredible. All of the first class cabin crew were extremely attentive, caring and friendly. They went far and beyond to make my flight enjoyable. What I liked the most about the crew is that they were on top of things keeping my drinks refilled, handing me water when needed and making sure I was satisfied with everything throughout the flight.
- The food on board has been one of the best food I’ve had. It was fresh, cooked to perfection and the presentation was great. I had made prior requests on the meals and they were all met without any mistakes. I saw the cabin crew working as a team so they could meet my request.
- The inflight entertainment as always never fails on this aircrafts. Wide selection of movies and features to choose from. Before I went to catch some sleep, I selected their music station and selected the one called “Chill” relaxing and put me to sleep.
- The comfort of the seat was perfect, the bed position was just what I was expecting and just alike the Business Class on board the 777-300ER. Very comfortable.
- The features of the seat to charge your phone, reading lights and mood lighting within your seat made it even better for me not to turn on the overhead reading lamps.
- When flying first class on this aircraft you will get an amenity kit with and Bose Headphones will be provided right after take off.
- If you are wanting to stay connected while being on board, the A321T offers in-flight wifi and the connection was perfect. GoGo in flight will be your provider.
- I have flown well over 100,000 miles this year and this has been one of the best flights because of its service and the attention to detail from the staff.
Have you flown first class on the A321T before? If so, what are your thoughts and how were your meals like?