My first trip of the summer was Barcelona, Spain. One of my favorite destinations I’ve had the great pleasure to visit. Barcelona is known for their incredible food, upbeat lifestyle and the tourist attractions. Being the foodie guy that I am, I was on the hunt to find a great place for burgers and every local recommended Kiosko which is a well known burger restaurant located in Barceloneta, where the majority of the locals and tourist go visit to enjoy the beach and the cool night clubs. When arriving into the restaurant, there was a long line and thats an indicator that it’s a pretty good restaurant and very popular as well. There was plenty of locals and tourist waiting to place their order. Kiosko is known to be one of the Best burgers in Barcelona.
Kiosko has a rule that you cannot go ahead and reserve seating for your family members or friends unless they are almost about to pay the bill. They have limited sitting and as a few of the visitors finish their burgers, the seats open up for the next visitors. So make sure before you go ahead and sit down, have one of your family members or friends close to the paying station so you can make your way to reserve a table. They are strict about it so thats something to keep in mind.
The crowd in Kiosko.
A unique approach from Kiosko is that they have a featured burger of the month and it’s not made by them, but it’s made by a visitor who created that burger and a lot of people liked it. You have the opportunity to create your burger just how you like it with the type of bread, cheese, toppings and dressings you would like. The list is endless so you can get as creative as you would like, charges may apply for the extras you get.
Featured Burger of the Month.
Once you have placed your order, they will give you a number in which you will place on your table. You can sit down anywhere you would like. They have great sitting available with different views of the City, which I really liked. The utensils, napkins and everything else will be near the check out counter so you’re able to get everything you need before the meal comes.
Forks, Knifes & napkins.
Within your table you will find the different type of sauces to use. Each sauce is homemade with a special type of recipe, they will not release the information on how they did it but I can tell you, all of them were delicious. They range from super spicy, mid spicy and sweet. You will find a variety of those containers around the restaurant and if a local/tourist ask you to have it, let them since normally they are one the main table of the restaurant for everyone to use at their own will.
The meal took about 20 minutes or so to come to my table and taking my first bite into the burger was delightful. The meat is organic and cooked to perfection, don’t be alarmed because you are also able to select the meat you would like and the variety is endless. The fries were just perfect and the bun was something else (hard to describe, but so good). I added a special sauced known as Aioli and it gave that extra delicious taste to the burger.
The clean up sign near the sitting areas.
- I cannot compare Kiosko Burger to any fast food places I’ve been for eating a similar meal because it cannot be compared to a fast food place. The meal was completely delicious and the meat was cooked to perfection. Tender, juicy and well cooked. The bun and sauces was another big plus of the meal same with the fries.
- Kiosko is kept in wonderful condition. Organized and very clean. There will always be several staff members keeping the location clean at all times, which is important.
- Don’t be afraid to waiting a little while on the long lines because for me, the wait was worth it and thats also something the locals shared with me.
- The service from the staff was great, they were all very friendly and attentive to make sure everything was going well. They come by the table every now and then to make sure you don’t need anything else.
- Don’t come into Kiosko burger expecting it to be a glamorous joint but it’s more of a humble burger bar which incredible reputation and even better food to offer.
- If you are not in the mood for a burger, they also offer salads and they were great as well. The menu is endless so I recommend keeping an eye on it to make the right choice of food you are wanting.
- Last but not least, the burgers are pretty big so you will be satisfied with just one 😉
Have you been to Kiosko Burger before? If so, what did you get and what are your thoughts?