On July 16, 2014 I embarked on my journey to Hong Kong with American Airlines. I was a media guest to test their new service from Dallas International Airport to Hong Kong International Airport. Opinions and thoughts are my own.
One of my rituals after every long haul flight I take is doing my morning cardio to detox myself and get the blood flow running through my body after a long day of flying. Exercising after a long flight is vital for our bodies and super important for our Health. It’s something I’ve been doing for many years and it has worked great for me. Some of the great benefits of doing some sort of exercise the next day after flying is that it will help you release any tension you might have in your body, it will also help you avoid head congestion and avoid aches and pains from sitting/laying down for a long period of time. As a frequent flyer that usually flies First or Business class it is taxiing to my body even if I am comfortable in my bed while flying. The JW Marriott Hong Kong features an incredible well equipped Health club and I was excited to get use of it during my stay, especially after my 16 Hour flight from Dallas to Hong Kong with American Airlines. I must say I felt pretty good after the flight and it was one of the best flights I have taken this year. I felt very relaxed and comfortable throughout the journey but the only thing that was bothering were my legs, they felt tight and with a lot of tension so I just focused on a low pace cardio of 40 minutes with some light stretches before and after my cardio session. Keep in mind – this is what I usually do, if you’ve got another method that works for you, stick to it :).
The Gym will be located on the Lower Ground floor and it’s open 24 hours – To Access the gym, be sure to have your room key because thats what will grand you access into the Health Club.
Health Club – Lower Ground Floor after stepping out from the elevator.
It was around 5:30am in the morning when I arrived to the gym and thought it was going to be closed but as mentioned – It is open 24 hours but not staff were on duty at that time. I knew I was early when the refreshment and snack section of the gym was empty upon arrival to the health club. Keep in mind within that section you will find large towels, headphones, and bottle of waters.
Health Club – Snack & Refreshment bar upon arrival to the Health Club
Around 6:00 in the morning – The staff working the morning shift arrived and started getting things ready within the club. They approached me right away and I thought I was going to get asked to leave but I thought wrong and they asked me if I needed anything and to let them know if I do, very kind and nice of them. They were all attentive and caring and got the gym set up in matters of minutes.
Health Club – Snack & Refreshment section fully stoked
The JW Marriott Hong Kong Health Club had a pretty complete set up and I was satisfied with it. They offer a large section of cardio equipment such as treadmills, elliptical and bikes, each bike, elliptical and treadmill will have a bottle of water and a towel placed ready to be used by the guest. I think thats a nice touch. They are great machines which I’ve used in the past known as Life Fitness – Each treadmill features a screen where you can watch TV, YouTube or mainly plug in your device and stream your personal entertainment.
Health Club Cardio Room
Aside from the cardio room – The club also features a section with free weights, machines, medicine balls and abdominal equipment, not a whole lot but the equipment they had was just perfect to get a good work out in. Everything was in great condition and extremely organized.
Health Club Weight Room
Shortly after the gym – I made my way to the swimming pool located in Floor #7. I was curious to see how it was and the set up of it and if you are a Guest of the hotel they also provide a complimentary pool side Yoga which I thought it was an awesome idea. For those interested on that you can contact the front desk and they will provide you with the time that the class starts. Within the pool you will also find the Fish Bar restaurant, Sauna and the jacuzzi.
JW Marriott Hong Kong – Swimming Pool
Bottom Line & Final thoughts
- The Health club of the JW Marriott Hong Kong was impressive and it was to be expected. I loved the set up and how organized everything was. The staff that was working would constantly walk around cleaning and organizing the equipment and asking questions incense I needed something during my work out.
- The equipment at the gym was kept in great condition and pretty much brand new. Everything they had for the guest to use was perfect and I felt like they did a great job on selecting the most popular machines that normally everyone would use for their work outs.
- The refreshment and snack section was perfect. They had a variety of refreshments available and the fruits was also a bonus because thats something I usually crave and want after my work outs.
- The Pool section of the JW Marriott was one of my favorites because it was extremely spacious and comfortable. It was early morning when I was there and it was peaceful and very well organized as well.
- The Swimming pool also has a large jacuzzi which I liked because it is also another favorite thing to do after a long day is to relax in a hot jacuzzi.
- If you are wanting to spend your day at the pool at the JW you will be able to have a bite to eat at the Fish Bar restaurant which is very popular restaurant within the facility.
- Overall the presentation of both facilities were fascinating.