On July 16, 2014 I embarked on my journey to Hong Kong with American Airlines. I was a media guest to test their new service from Dallas International Airport to Hong Kong International Airport. Opinions and thoughts are my own.
In addition The Hong Kong Tourism Board accommodated my attractions during my visit to experience some of the unique things that Hong Kong offers for the tourist.
Before my trip to Hong Kong on July 16 I flew out to Dallas,TX on July 15 so I could rest before the long 16 hour flight from Dallas To Hong Kong as I was testing the new service from American Airlines. I have done the LAX-DFW flight plenty of times this year and it never gets old, mainly because every time I fly that route the flight crew is the same crew who has served me before on previews flights & needless to say, it is always an enjoyable and pleasant flight. I took the 7:40am departure out of Dallas and arriving in Dallas mid afternoon. Upon arrival to Dallas I had the rest of the day to relax and get some work done before my flight the next day. I stayed at the Sheraton Suites Market place which is an SPG property and it was roughly about 20-25 minutes away from Dallas International Airport which its not bad at all.
On Today’s blog I will be sharing my thoughts on the Sheraton Suites Market Center in Dallas & reviewing my room and everything it offered – For a one night stay in Dallas, this was a perfect and comfortable room. Upon arrival to the Hotel the staff greeted me and welcomed me, they were all friendly, attentive and caring. The check in process didn’t take longer than 10 minutes and shortly after I was handed the keys to my room. The staff made themselves available incase I needed anything during my stay.
My Suite Room – (Living room).
- The living room was spacious and comfortable.
- Within the living room you will find your TV, work desk and a comfortable couch with foot rest.
- You will also find a mini bar, microwave, complimentary waters and your coffee machine.
- The set up of the living room was great and everything seemed to be in good condition and very well maintained.
- I also had complimentary Wifi and the connection was fast and efficient without any interruptions.
My Room & Bathroom
- My bedroom was comfortable and couldn’t ask for anything else or better during my short stay in Dallas.
- The bed was spacious and super comfortable, the pillows and mattress were very nice and I got a great night of sleep.
- Each side of the bed has it’s own night stand table and one of them has a phone to make calls if necessary.
- Within my room I could access the living room and bathroom.
- Also, my room had a balcony where I could see Downtown Dallas from the distance & the planes landing at Love Field airport.
- The Bathroom was clean and kept in good condition.
- The Shower needs improvement because the water pressure wasn’t too good and the water would not drain.
- Within my sink there was different toiletries such as: Soap, Shampoo and Conditioner.
View of Downtown Dallas from the balcony in my room
Sheraton Suites Market Center – Amenities
- The hotel features an outdoor and indoor pool. The outdoor pool has comfortable lounge chairs and it’s kept in good condition.
- Within the Hotel you will also be able to find a bar and restaurant, where you can enjoy a few drinks or have lunch or dinner.
- On the first floor where the lobby is at, you will also find the hotel business center where computers are available to use for the guest.
- The Sheraton Suites also has a fitness center for their guest to use, it is nothing fancy but it provides the basic such as cardiovascular machines & free weights.
Bottom line & Final thoughts
- I truly enjoyed my stay at this hotel because everything they offered I was pleased with it especially since I was in Dallas just for a day.
- The hotel staff was very friendly and attentive along with the staff working the bar and restaurant they all provided great customer service.
- The lobby staff did everything I requested in matters of minutes and they also didn’t forget my wake up call 😉
- The Internet in the room was great and everything about my room was perfect besides the shower that needs to be improved/fixed.
- The exterior of the hotel is rather outdated and could go for renovation but the property itself on the inside has a fresh and new look.
- Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you are in transit via Dallas and looking for an affordable SPG property to stay at as the rate for this hotel is normally very reasonable.
Have you stayed at this property before? Or what other hotel have you stayed while you are in transit in Dallas?