As an International Frequent Flyer and mainly focusing on International travel along the way I have picked up a few items I can’t leave without. Some of you may have your items that “you must pack” before leaving on your trip and I am the same way. I have gotten a few questions regarding what are some of the items I take on every trip and I figured of doing a blog post about it and showing some of my most important travel essentials that come with me on every trip while some may be useful during the trip, some aren’t but you just never know where and when they might come useful so I pack it anyway.
While one of the most important travel essentials isn’t pictured which is my American passport thats one of the items I keep in my possession at all times and never leaves my sight. It is always in my pocket and while I am finally on board the aircraft, it goes on my laptop case which is always near me at all times. My passport is an item that I look back daily even when I am not traveling, it reminds me of the wonderful destinations I’ve been and the wonderful memories I created along the way throughout the years of my life.
Now lets begin with a quick overview from the items listed above.
1. Amenity Kit: While the Airline of your choice may give you an Amenity Kit when flying premium cabin, I always bring my own amenity kit with some of the things I need the most while being on board – I travel with a total of two amenity kit one full of toiletries while the one I use on board has several items like Tylenol, stomach pain pills, allergy pills, blood clot pills, chapstick, nasal spray and a few other things I may need throughout the journey. The big majority of my travels are over 10 hours each so being prepared its a must. So I highly recommend having 2 different amenity kits incase you don’t do that already 😉
2. Wet One Wipes: Ok ok, confession time – I am a germaphobe and specially while traveling. This is where the wet wipes come in handy at all times – I use this wipes when visiting the lounge and use some of the facilities they offer, prior to using it I wipe the area and clean my surroundings. Same thing happens while I am on board the aircraft – I clean my hand rest, tray table and all the buttons I will be touching throughout the flight. When you fly a lot and see some of the things some passengers do sanitary wise, you will never leave your house without wet wipes on your day of travel. Your health is your wealth so always look after it.
Now lets move on to the electronic department.
3. Bose Noise Canceling headset: This pair of headset have a special place in my heart and its an item I can’t live without. Even when I am not traveling they come in handy. If you are like me and appreciate silence from time to time, this is a pair that you must get if you are looking for a high end pair of headset that not only will it deliver great music but it will also block your distractions around you. While I am fortunate enough to fly premium cabin (First or Business) on American Airlines they usually provide Bose Headsets for it’s passengers. This also come in handy during my domestic flights when they aren’t being distributed due to the duration of the flight. While this is a pair of headset that is quite pricey, you get what you pay for – quality and durability plus comfort. You will not hear the crying babies on board, loud guest at the lounge and you will flow through your day at peace and silence.
4. Mini iPad: My mini iPad is my life saver in many aspects and this is something I use on the daily specially on my International travels. I am able to do a lot of personal work on my iPad that helps me maximize my time on board, wether writing reports, blogs and even connecting to the wifi and enjoy some of the things I have loaded into it. It is light, TSA security friendly and long lasting battery. I am not saying you should go buy an iPad now but if you would like to invest in one and leave your laptop behind from time to time and do most of your work from your iPad – it is not a bad decision 😉
5. Macbook Air 13 inch: My macbook air is also a life saver because this is the device that allows me to edit all of my photography from my trips. I am able to load all of my photos on the go and not lose anything during my travels. It is also a great computer to use during my travels because it is compact and small and fits the tray table of the aircrafts with zero problems. It is also TSA security friendly and provides long lasting battery.
6. iFrogz Portable Charging port: This is a piece of electronic that I highly recommend to everyone because if you are an iPhone user you already know those batteries don’t tend to last very long. As an iPhone6 holder my battery does much better than how my previews iPhones used to perform but being that I do everything from my phone the battery drains rather fast though with this device I can charge up my phone up to 6 times and you can also charge your tablets if needed up to 2 times. The durability of the product is long lasting – It also brings you a mini USB port where it connects to the power tower of your iPhone device incase you need to charge the battery port. Highly recommend it and it’s very affordable as well.
7. International Charging Port Plugs: If you an International flyer this by no means is nothing new to you but for those wanting some suggestions on charging ports the ones on the photo are from a company called “Plug bug World” as it brings you all different plugs that you can all around the World. I’ve had no issues with them and they work just fine. It also provides a USB section where you can plug in another device as it charges your laptop at the same time. I highly recommend this for those looking to keep your devices safe, secure and charged up.
iPhone Photography and what I use during my travels.
8. Ollo Clip: If you follow me on my Instagram – you probably have noticed the new way I am capturing several images and sights, specially airplane photos. Ollo Clip is one of my favorite gadgets I use on the daily bases during my travels as it provides a variety of lenses that I can use via my iPhone. Some of the lenses are: Macro, micro, fish eye and wide angle and my favorite to use is the Fish eye but I plan on using the others in the near future to capture some one of a kind shots. If you want to step up your photography game – I recommend checking out Ollo clip.
Fish eye lens photography by John Carter
9. USB Port: Last but not least – One of my most important tools during my trip is my USB port, this is something I use quite often to back up any sort of information incase something goes wrong with connection, laptop or any other malfunctions I will have peace of mind that the content has been backed up on the USB port. If you don’t travel with me, I highly recommend adding one into your briefcase 🙂
I hope you all found this blog post to be helpful on some of my travel essentials I use during my travels. For those domestic and international flyers, what are some of the items you can’t travel without?