Hopefully by now you have heard of HotelTonight – But if you haven’t allow me to first introduce what HotelTonight is in my own words: HotelTonight is the life saver for every frequent traveler like myself who needs a good place to stay when last minute trips happen and 95% of all major hotel are charging an arm and a leg for a room, specially for a one night stay when a particular hotel is charging you $200 – $300 for a night..Crazy right? Well HotelTonight does a great job on listing last minute hotel deals offering a variety of great hotels ranging from Hyatts, Sheratons and other variety of hotel chains out there and this app has come in handy for me many times during my travels, specially during those one-day trips to Boston I had early in the year where I needed a comfortable and solid hotel to stay at.
NOTE: I am not getting paid to endorse this or write this blog – Simply I am sharing with you all a great tool that you can implement into your travel when an emergency comes or simply in need of booking a hotel at an economical rate. You may be asking, how does it work? HotelTonight is strictly used on your mobile devices such as iPhone and Android. I am an iPhone guy and I keep that app on my phone at all times listed under “Travel” because it sure comes in handy.
Here is how I’ve had the best results using HotelTonight and getting the best rate possible, last minute.
1. You can book a hotel room via HotelTonight a few days in advanced – But normally the rates aren’t as good as they are “last minute” like the night before or the night when you’re needing a room.
2. Be flexible when you’re trying to book a room because they give you a lot of different options. Wether you want luxury, comfort or a simple hotel those tend to drop by the days but if you notice that a luxury hotel is already discounted at a good rate to the usual rate they charge, book right away – chances are that will go up rather than down. For example: Four Seasons Hotel charges around $400 – $500 a night. If you see that property going down to $280 or so – book right away.
3. HotelTonight does a great job on adjusting the rates if you see that the room is cheaper somewhere else but keep in mind – you need to have proof that the hotel is charging less than what HotelTonight is offering. That is, if you are planning to book a few days in advanced and wanting to book the room via the Application. Normally, the rates offered by HotelTonight are very tough to beat because they are always having great deals.
4. Luxury Hotels will also be on the higher price mark but if you are needing to book a room for the night – Focus on the ones consider “Solid” which are great properties that they consider worth staying, with great amenities and overall service and those tend to be very on a very low price point.
The booking process via HotelTonight – Step by Step.
1. Keep in mind HotelTonight is 100% secure and safe, there is nothing to worry about when putting your credit card number on the application. I’ve used HotelTonight more than a handful of times and I’ve got zero complaints about them and haven’t had any issues with my credit cards being applied on the system.
2. Once you have selected your mind on what hotel you would like to stay – it will redirect you another page where a “Tracing Feature” is being presented – This is added for security and to continue on with the booking process and to get your room confirmed. Once that’s done – You will get a notification that your booking has been confirmed with a few hotel information such as check in time, check out time, address, current weather conditions and more crucial information to keep in mind before arriving to the hotel.
3. Once you have made your booking you will be able to find your reservation details under “Bookings” within the HotelTonight app. You will also get a confirmation email that will give you the HotelTonight ID confirmation which is an important number to keep on file incase you run into any issues with your stay. With that number the staff from HotelTonight will be able to help with any inquires you’ve got. The reservation under your “bookings” will show up as follow.
4. What makes HotelTonight special? Unlike many hotel websites, travel review websites and much more HotelTonight only partners up with hotels they consider to be worth staying and what the customer will like and feel safe and secure. The reviews posted within the application are from people who have only stayed at the property and “outsider reviews” aren’t allowed because they have not stayed or confirmed a booking via HotelTonight to share their likes, dislikes and overall feedback. This is a big breakthrough for some including myself because reading hotel reviews can be a big headache. HotelTonight also shares their point of view on why they like the property along with some useful tools such as adding the reservation to your calendar, customer support and getting your receipt.
5. Last but not least, if you are an SPG or Hyatt elite member like I am and you happen to book any Hyatt Hotel chains or SPG chains via HotelTonight you won’t be credited points because the hotel was booked via a 3rd party, which is understandable. So don’t expect to come in and be granted the points because it won’t happen. Just for your information and overall understanding of how HotelTonight works with several hotel chains. I don’t mind not getting the points for a one night stay when I am saving hundreds of dollars for a room that cost a hefty amount of money per night. Though as an elite of the property you can let the staff know and they will assign you an even better room.
I hope this installment has been helpful and you can take advantage of this great app in the near future during your travels. HotelTonight is everywhere in the United States and soon enough their International expansion should be slowly approaching. If you would like to receive a $25 dollar credit for your first stay, please use my code JCARTER352 and place it under “Promo code” as that will also help me on getting $25 for my next booking, a WIN-WIN combo for the both of us right? ;). If you don’t have an account yet, it takes just a few minutes to set one up and it’s free of charge to do so. Thanks for your support in advanced if you happen to use my promo code.
If you have booked via HotelTonight before, how was your experience?