Greetings from 35,000 feet.
I am beginning my journey back to the Middle East (Abu Dhabi) and I could not be happier to be flying Etihad Airways once again. Throughout the month of June I flew Etihad Airways Business and First class and the experience was unlike any other experience I have ever had when flying. The attention from the cabin crew was outstanding and they went far and beyond to make the ride enjoyable and comfortable.
Be sure to check out the following links for a detailed trip report from each flight.
- Etihad Airways Business Class – Los Angeles to Abu Dhabi
- Etihad Airways First Class – Abu Dhabi to Los Angeles
As a premium cabin flyer on Etihad Airways one of the great perks is being offered a complimentary chauffeur service pick up at your location prior to the flight and upon arrival into Abu Dhabi making transportation effortless and comfortable for us flyers. The Etihad Airways chauffeur service is an incredible system and I am glad they have that amenity. I haven’t been able to review the service so I figured I would review my experience from my recent pick up here in Los Angeles, California. It will be brief and straight to the point, as there isn’t much to talk about and disclose.
First, lets get the basic questions out of the way so your process in booking the chauffeur service goes flawless.
HOW TO BOOK ETIHAD AIRWAYS CHAUFFEUR SERVICE
- Call Etihad Airways number at: 1-888-838-44-23. Keep in mind that is direct number to Etihad Airways where you will be able to speak directly with an agent.
- When calling that number simply follow the directory to redirect you to speak with an agent.
- Once you are on the line to speak with an agent, the agent will ask you a variety of security questions after you give them your reservation number. Once you answer all questions, you can proceed to mention you would like to book your chauffeur service.
- The agent will ask you what is the address you would like to get picked up. (Whether it is home, hotel, etc). Then the agent will confirm that and shortly you can also mention that you would like your chauffeur service in Abu Dhabi if that is your final destination. Let them know the hotel you will be staying in Abu Dhabi and they will confirm that as well so when you arrive you are on the system.
- Make sure you ask for an email reservation that states your chauffeur service has been confirmed, just for your own records and peace of mind.
24 hours away from departure the limo service company will call you. If you are based in Los Angeles a company based in New York will ring you up to confirm your pick up location, the time the driver will be at your property and the flight information. In this case the company that picks me up while being in Los Angeles is called EmpireCLS and they are a great group of limo service with a great fleet of vehicles.
DAY OF DEPARTURE
During the day of departure you will get an email and text message sent by EmpireCLS which will state the drivers name, the cell phone number and the time of pick up. That is simply a reminder and also for you to know who will be picking you up. If you are a solo flyer, you will either be picked up by solid sedan car like a Mercedes CLS, Cadillac CTS or any other luxury four door vehicle. If you are traveling with your partner, you will most likely be picked up by the traditional SUV limo, which is spacious.
Keep in mind the drivers are super punctual and they usually arrive at the destination way ahead of schedule. For example, each driver has arrived to my house 20 to 25 minutes ahead of the actual pick up time. That doesn’t mean you have to rush and get outside. Just be mindful of that so you aren’t caught by surprise. I prefer them to be way early than late ;).
THE ON BOARD EXPERIENCE
The car ride with the limo is comfortable and enjoyable. You can pretty much request to the driver anything you would like. The car will be equipped with waters, gum, mints and napkins. The driver will also ask you if you have a route preference you would like him to take. For example, on my drive Today we avoided the freeway and we took the scenic route by Pacific Coast Highway. The cars are kept in wonderful condition and super clean, which is to be expected. Some cars also provide on board wifi which is free of charge, just ask the driver the wifi information and he will provide it.
En Route to Los Angeles International Airport
Upon arrival to the airport the driver will open the door for you, take care of your belongings and send you on your way. They indeed do a great job on making the journey effortless and comfortable for you, the guest.
I will review the chauffeur service upon arrival into Abu Dhabi and share that experience as well for those interested on how the system works there.