Promoting events for a good cause has always been a focus of mine and taking part on them it’s even better. It is a shame that I won’t be in Abu Dhabi throughout this great cause taking place at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, but for those in Abu Dhabi and wanting to get involved in something special with the objective to better the lives of those in need, this is your time to do so.
Play your part in raising money and awareness for UNICEF’s Road to Awareness as well as being a great fun day for all involved. This event will see participants of all ages and abilities swimming 1k from the beach of Le Meridien Hotel Abu Dhabi to Al Maryah Island and back. The Participant who raises the most money Individually will win a FANTASTIC prize! Individual sponsorship from can we downloaded with registration.
ABOUT THE EVENT
- Starts: Friday, 6th Nov 2015 at 7:00am
- Ends: Friday, 6th Nov 2015 at 11:00am
- Location: Le Meridien Abu Dhabi
- Event Type: 1km Open Water Swimming event. Individual, team, social and competitive
- Event Organizers: Discover Sports, Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, FINIS
- Parking Details: Le Meridien Abu Dhabi hotel parking
- Spectators: Entrance for Spectators is free
- Course Difficulty: Average
The great thing about this event and what I truly like is that groups of all ages can get involved with this – It’s a great way to show the kids at a young age to start giving back and focusing on getting involved with projects that will motivate them to better their lives while helping the people in need. You can also gather your group of family and friends to take part on this and become a Team to raise as much awareness as possible.
- 10’s – 12’s – Enter as an Individual. Test yourself against the clock, or just enjoy a leisurely swim.
- 13’s – 15’s – Enter as an Individual. Test yourself against the clock, or just enjoy a leisurely swim.
- 16’s – 18’s – Enter as an Individual. Test yourself against the clock, or just enjoy a leisurely swim.
- 19 and over – Enter as an Individual. Test yourself against the clock, or just enjoy a leisurely swim.
ELITE ATHLETE APPEARANCE
Follow Ross Davenport, a British Triple Olympian and Common Wealth Gold Medalist on a 1km Swim at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi.
Registration open from – 07.00 am (participants must register at least 30 minutes before their race).
- 10’s – 12’s – 08.00am
- 13’s – 15’s – 08.15am
- 16’s – 18’s – 08.30am
- 19 and over 08.45am
- Corporate / Fitness – 09.00am
- Social / fun – 09.15am
- Registration Finish Time – 08.45am
NOTE: Race Pack Collection, collected at registration.
All additional fundraising for the event can be done through our ‘Justgiving’ page on the following link and keep in mind, all donations big or small will make a difference.
COME AND JOIN THE FUN & MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
If you need hotel accommodations throughout the event, be sure to contact Le Meridien Abu Dhabi at: 971 2-644-6666 & take a tour of this one of a kind property at: www.lemeridienabudhabi.com. This is an event I would love to take part next time I am in Abu Dhabi. To all of you who are taking part, have fun :).