American Airlines has had a strong start to the year and ended last year with some big news. From their loyalty program changes, to the award devaluation and to the most exciting part, their new route expansion which happens to be the most positive news out of the bunch we’ve heard. However, they are also trying to improve the on-board guest experience with some finer touches aboard. Wether its improving their catering, their drinks and overall in-flight snacks/amenities. For example: On their LAX-SYD/SYD-LAX route every passenger in First and Business class receives Pajamas, something that its not yet offered in any other sector on their long haul flights.
One of the “enhancements” which was a long time coming was on their Amenity Kits. Though prior to this announcement, in 2015 they had their Heritage Amenity Kit on their long haul flights and domestic flights such as LAX/JFK (First/Business class). The heritage kits was a fantastic addition to AA’s on board experience, specially for us AV Geeks.
American Airlines Heritage Amenity Kits
On March 1, 2016 – American Airlines announced that they would introduce their new Cole Haan Amenity kits and this was definitely a great upgrade to their current and previews amenity kits being offered in the past.
Here is what American had to say in regards to their new amenity kits:
We’re investing billions of dollars to customize and elevate the travel experience for all of our customers, and we know our premium flyers are looking for a refined and modern experience when it comes to airline service, right down to the amenity kits for long flights,” said Fernand Fernandez, American’s vice president – Global Marketing.
“We want to set ourselves apart from the competition, so this year we teamed up with four amazing American brands to offer a variety of amenity kits for each premium cabin in a bag they’ll want to reuse.”
Cole Haan shares their thoughts as well:
American Airlines flyers represent some of the most progressive business people in the world. Cole Haan is one of the most progressive and innovative brands. We could not be more honored to join this partnership of great American brands,” said David Maddocks, Chief Marketing Officer and General Manager of Business Development at Cole Haan.
Before I begin to share my thoughts on the Cole Haan kits which I was finally able to get my hands on one, let me give you all an overview of what the Heritage Kit offered so we can compare what the Cole Haan kit offers. Keep in mind the toiletries offered on the Colee Han kit are much better as far as quality.
HERITAGE AMENITY KIT
COLE HAAN AMENITY KIT – INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS CLASS
- This Dopp Kit design is versatile and is available in eight different color combinations.
- C.O. Bigelow Apothecaries products (lip balm, Lime & Coriander body lotion and mouthwash), tissues, pen and foam headphone covers.
MY THOUGHTS ON THE KIT?
- The Cole Haan amenity kit is truly a big step up to what American was currently offering.
- The toiletries were also a major quality to what the previews kit offered.
- The eye shade/socks were standard. Comfortable and soft.
- The Cole Haan kit is definitely a keeper and I will be using it to store my cables and gadgets for my flights as its durable and the quality is fantastic.
- The nice touch on this kit is that it also comes with a 20% off from Cole Haan & Bigelow products.
- The addition to Cole Haan is truly fantastic as it truly matches up with the great on board product that American offers, specially with their new 787 dreamliner.
What are your thoughts about American’s new amenity kit?